BloomBoard wants to inspire educators across different roles to make transformational leaps in education - and to grow professionally. We’re looking for driven, intellectually curious, and creative people to join us in our mission. Let’s do this together.
Can you help us as a Director of Proposals?
Are your peers in awe of your prophetic prose, your organizational skills, and your ability to hit a deadline? Do you pride yourself on remaining calm in the storm and operating autonomously to simply get things done?
BloomBoard is looking for an experienced Director of Proposals to join our Business Development team. This person will work closely with the CEO and VP of Business Development to create a scalable RFP response strategy, coordinate the processes by which we review inbound RFPs, produce clear and thoughtful responses based on demonstrated product knowledge, engage subject matter experts across the company to build responses, manage existing members of (and recruit members to) our RFP team as we continue to scale, and ensure a complete and accurate proposal is delivered on time. This person can work either from our Palo Alto, CA office, our Pittsburgh, PA office. Remote candidates might be considered, but would need to have demonstrated substantial prior success in a remote environment.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Research leaders within the Business Development Team to establish the role of Bids and Proposals as a driving force and support network for departmental and corporate goal achievement.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Research leaders within the Business Development Team to develop procedures and practices which provide team members with the information and materials needed to expand our market, increase sales, and promote a proactive approach to expanding vendor partnerships.
- Research funding sources, new market niches, possible vendor partnerships, and potential opportunities to increase sales and expand our product footprint.
- Develop and manage extended activities and services provided by Bids and Proposals, including proposal follow-up and follow-through activities, preliminary research activities, and maintenance of the proposal response library.
- Identify, coordinate, and manage subject matter expert participation and contributions.
- Manage all phases of the proposal development process in response to formal Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), grant applications, and other sales/funding opportunities.
- Analyze proposal opportunities, identify potential vendor partners (when appropriate), and participate in GO/NO GO decisions.
- Consult with corporate legal team, as needed, regarding potential contract concerns or stated RFP requirements.
- Consult with appropriate corporate leaders regarding pricing of products and services, incentives, and other price-related issues necessary to ensure submission of a competitive proposal or grant application.
- Coordinate all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; solicit input from technical, operations, and finance departments; and enable internal reviews with management.
- Structure, develop, write, and edit proposal sections based on the RFP requirements in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills with the ability to manage timelines, responsibilities, contributions of SMEs, and participation by third-party vendor partners.
- Participate in quality assurance/compliance review to ensure proposals adhere to clients' requirements.
- Act independently and proactively to analyze and solve complex proposal problems and address issues with the proper level of urgency.
- Coordinate and prioritize work on multiple proposals, as well as other tasks, responsibilities, and commitments, while balancing milestones and due dates of each.
- Develop visualizations and other related materials in support of proposal responses.
- Assist in training and mentoring, Bids and Proposal team members, including interns and contractors.
- Produce and present routine reports and documents summarizing activities, results, costs, and other related data requested.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about education, teacher quality, and growth (both personal and professional).
- 5+ years of experience as an RFP Writer supporting education-specific Federal, State, and district-level RFPs and grant proposals.
- Strong word processing skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments while simultaneously working on and managing multiple tasks.
- Experience working in a virtual work environment, including virtual project management.
- Incredible detail orientation.
- Work ethic that recognizes the importance of punctuality and initiative.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; must work well with various levels including Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Technical, and Administrative staff.
- Self-motivated; possess the ability to work independently with limited oversight in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to address deadlines, including work on weekends.
I want to be a Director of Proposals at BloomBoard
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.