BloomBoard wants to inspire educators across different roles to make transformational leaps in education - and to grow professionally. We’re looking for driven, intellectually curious, and creative people to join us in our mission. Let’s do this together.
Can you help us as a Director of Proposals?
Are your peers in awe of your prophetic prose, your organizational skills, and your ability to hit a deadline? Do you pride yourself on remaining calm in the storm and operating autonomously to simply get things done?
BloomBoard is looking for an experienced Director of Proposals to join our Business Development team. This person will work closely with the CEO and VP of Business Development to create a scalable RFP response strategy, coordinate the processes by which we review inbound RFPs, produce clear and thoughtful responses based on demonstrated product knowledge, engage subject matter experts across the company to build responses, manage existing members of (and recruit members to) our RFP team as we continue to scale, and ensure a complete and accurate proposal is delivered on time. This person can work either from our Palo Alto, CA office, our Pittsburgh, PA office, or potentially remotely. Remote candidates would need to have prior demonstrated success in a remote environment.
- Manage all phases of the proposal development process in response to formal Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Analyze proposal opportunities and participate in GO/NO GO decisions.
- Coordinate all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; solicit input from technical, operations, and finance departments; and enable internal reviews with management.
- Structure, develop, write, and edit proposal sections based on the RFP requirements in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills with the ability to manage timelines, responsibilities, and other RFP team members.
- Participate in quality assurance/compliance review to ensure proposals adhere to clients' requirements.
- Act independently and proactively to analyze and solve complex proposal problems and address issues with the proper level of urgency.
- Work on multiple proposals, balancing milestones and due dates of each.
- Develop visualizations and other related materials in support of proposal responses.
- Assist in training, mentoring, or direction of other proposal writer personnel.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about education, teacher quality, and growth (both personal and professional).
- 5+ years of experience as an RFP Writer supporting education-specific Federal, State, and district-level RFPs.
- Strong word processing skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments while simultaneously working on and managing multiple tasks.
- Incredible detail orientation.
- Work ethic that recognizes the importance of punctuality and initiative.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; must work well with various levels including Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Technical, and Administrative staff.
- Self-motivated; possess the ability to work independently with limited oversight in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional overtime and on weekends, when necessary.
I want to be a Director of Proposals at BloomBoard
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.